Fri, 10 Nov|
Foundation Coach Training with Katherine Schirrmacher
Are you curious about becoming a climbing coach? Are you interested in learning how to help other climbers in your club or community progress? Do you currently run sessions indoors/outdoors but want formal coach training? Perhaps Foundation Coach training might be the next move on your journey...
Time & Location
10 Nov 2023, 12:00 – 19:00
Liverpool, St Albans Church, Athol St, Liverpool L5 9TN, UK
About the event
In conjunction with WCS23, Mountain Training is putting on a free* Foundation Coach training course for women and non-binary individuals. This qualification is designed to enable coaches to be more effective in coaching the fundamental movement skills of climbing.
This is the first course in the Coaching Scheme Awards. It teaches the softer skills involved in coaching including as listening, questioning, observing, planning and reviewing: a great basis for anyone in a coaching or teaching role. It also includes:
- Observation skills; developing a systematic approach, positioning
- A model for good delivery: demos and explanations
- Giving feedback
- Designing a session plan
- Reviewing sessions
*Usually priced £85. This course is free to attend, however there are some costs participants will need to cover and requirements to be met:
- You need to be a member of a mountaineering council (BMC, Mountaineering Ireland, Mountaineering Scotland). If you are a member of a club that is affiliated (do check) that will also work!
- In order to attend this course you must have registered for the Coaching Scheme, which involves a one off fee of £49 and covers you for all future coaching scheme courses and assessments.
- You need to pay for your wall entry (subsidised to £7.50) on the day of the course
- You should have at least six months experience of climbing on a variety of climbing walls
- You are at least sixteen years of age at the date of registration
Foundation Coach training
This ticket is free. Please note to book, you must have some other costs covered: - You need to be a BMC member - In order to attend this course you must have registered for the Coaching Scheme, which involves a one off fee and covers you for all future coaching scheme courses and assessments. https://www.mountain-training.org/qualifications/climbing/foundation-coach - You must pay entry to Awesome Walls on the day (subsidised to £7.50)£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out